I have worked with Brian Frydenborg for several years now and he has proven himself to be a brilliant professional investigative journalist. Long before Trump got elected, I smelled something truly rotten in Trump’s dealings with Russia—and since Trumps salacious and immoral “Gollum” like predilections are so utterly transparent that any tinpot dictator would have no difficulty is securing kompromat and or using greed to ensure that Trump unabashedly turned to an even darker side. But Putin is a cut above such characters and his KGB (and its successor organisations) are second to none at gathering and utilizing such data.
So Brian had written numerous pieces for this blog on this subject that were many months ahead of the mainstream media. Now we are all focused on Ukraine and Trumps obvious crimes—yet the media (by default) and Congress (by design) have only been scratching at the surface. Since this is a topic that has the potential to destroy the American Constitution and tear apart the Westerns Alliance—making America a vassal state to Russia’s despotic white nationalist agenda—it would seem to be not only a great idea, but a patriotic freedom loving duty to become far more familiar with the facts. Yes I know people are getting worn out, stressed by all the awfulness and disease that is Trump & Co. But that is how a virus takes hold of the tired body before terminating it.
If Game of Thrones is a saga that centers on ice and fire, spread across two continents involving two major story-lines that slowly combine over time, Trump-Russia centers on gas and politics with a similar geographic spread and a similar coming together over time. If the primary convergence point in Game of Thrones in this context is the Iron Throne, for Trump-Russia it is Ukraine.
- The media has consistently miscovered “Ukrainegate,” portraying it at worst as a separate scandal from Trump-Russia/the Mueller probe, to, generally, at best, a related scandal.
- But a deeper exploration reveals Ukraine has been at the center of Trump-Russia from almost the beginning.
- Not only are the same issues involved going back to even before Ukraine’s Overage Revolution (2004-2005) a decade-and-a-half ago, but many of the characters involved before in Trump-Russia and of note in the Mueller probe have ties to the people involved now in the Ukraine developments, or, it is even the same people involved in both.
- The saga involves two main threads:
- 1-Russian mafia and Kremlin-linked people (often the exact same thing) connecting with Trump and/or people who were close or would be close to Trump, starting in the 1980s and through the present. Central to all this is Russian mob boss Semion Mogilevich, close to Putin and who had many operatives here making contact with Trumpworld.
- 2-A massive Eurasian gas scheme that seems to have been planned by Mogilevich and other mobsters and the Russian government since the at least mid-1990s, only a few years into Ukraine’s independence from the Soviet Union. The scheme amounted to billions and was designed to corrupt Ukraine’s ruling class to bend to Putin’s will and keep Ukraine under de-facto Russian control.
- Multiple people involved in both schemes would cross over and join the other or become entwined in both.
- This has culminated with the now infamous Rudy Giuliani forays into Ukraine’s politics, with his and Trump’s efforts to get Ukrainian officials—including multiple presidents—to smear Biden based on disinformation and propaganda with zero factual basis.
- The smears on Biden are based on circumstantial associations with no evidence, but the only evidence we do have—circumstantial or otherwise—is that, after both Joe Biden and Hunter Biden got involved, there was positive movement on corruption issues, including with Burisma, the gas the company on the board of which sat Hunter during the positive developments.
- Biden’s involvement in Ukraine was actually part of the West’s overall effort to reduce corruption in Ukraine and, therefore, to weaken the tools by which Putin dominated Ukraine and kept it from reducing corruption and orienting itself with the West politically, economically, and militarily, despite the wishes of the people.
- Essentially, Ukraine is the center of the main front line in the New Cold War between the West and Russia.
- In this New Cold War, Trump’s actions are essentially handing victories overt to Putin.
- Putin’s efforts amount to an effort to corrupt the U.S. system through Trump into what Ukraine resembled under Putin’s old stooge, Viktor Yanukovych, who was deprived of a cheated victory in the Orange Revolution (2004-2005) and driven out of power in the (Euro)Maidan Revolution (2013-2014).
For the whole story please visit Amazon.com
About Brian Frydenborg:
Bringing more than two decades of relevant geopolitical analysis and background to bear, including consistently pioneering and prescient coverage of the Trump-Russia saga, independent expert Brian Frydenborg breaks down the core of Trump-Russia—Ukrainian intrigue—as no one else before.
Trump’s current Ukraine insanity is just an extension of old Trump-Russia and the media still Does not know how to cover it.
As the Hunter Biden “story” keeps receiving attention, the myopic mainstream media—just as in 2016—is unable to present a coherent big-picture understanding of what is happening or how things fit together. In a stunning lack of self-awareness, its top news outlets are once again playing into Trump’s and Putin’s hands, sabotaging the Democrats and spreading Kremlin and Republican disinformation. The roots of much of this lie with the media’s overall failure both to understand the bigger picture of the Trump-Russia saga and, in part as a result, to realize that these “recent” Ukraine scandals are not something new so much as a continuation of the old Trump-Russia saga that was the focus of the Mueller probe.
The only way to get anything approaching a full sense of what is going on with Ukraine, Trump, Russia, and the media is to painstakingly trace the threads of corruption and Russian influence operations related to Putin’s Ukraine drama, Putin’s and his top mafia boss’s co-opting of Trumpworld, and the actors involved throughout the many stages of this overall saga. These threads can be traced from their origins in the 80s and 90s directly into today’s White House and the battlefields in Ukraine. Only then will the centrality of Ukraine to the whole Trump-Russia saga be understood, only then can the full scale of the horror be comprehended, but it can and must be. The threads are solid and come together to form a powerful and clear line of remarkable influence of the Russian government in Moscow’s Kremlin and Russian mafia into the major players, policies, and decisions of the Trump White House. As this exploration will make clear, simple logic and the sheer amount of billowing smoke plumes coming from so many points obviously show that Trump has been raised up and co-opted by Russian influence to the point of being an asset—whether willingly or if he is too stupid to realize it, he is a “useful idiot”—for Putin and his allies. Even if the actual flames are obscured, the heat can be felt as we choke on the smoke: those fires still exist and are presented here even if most of the top media news outlets, playing Trump’s and Russia’s game in their inability to sustain focus, have largely missed these conflagrations.
And here, those conflagrations will be laid out in detail. Readers will not find a more timely, urgent topic, as both America and Ukraine face crises instigated by Russia that will define their nations for decades to come, and Frydenborg’s unique take sets the bar for current events analysis once again. This is the ultimate read for the ongoing impeachment process, and will continue to be what should be a standard for anyone in the future trying to understand what went down in 2019-2020. As history unfolds, get the history behind the history from A Song of Gas and Politics.